Here some simple test to identify pure honey:
- Put a small drop of the honey on your thumb
- Check if it spills or spreads around
If it does, it is not pure
- Pure honey will stay intact on your thumb
- Take a glass of water.
- Add one tablespoon of honey into the water.
- Adulterated or artificial honey will dissolve in water and you can see it around the glass.
- Pure honey on the other hand will settle right at the bottom of your glass.
How many of you know that organic honey is flammable? By this test you can check are you consuming 100% pure organic honey or not.
- Dip a dry matchstick tip right into the honey
- Strike the stick on the matchbox to light it
- The matchstick will light and keep burning off, if the honey is pure.
- However, if it is with impurities or adulterated, it will not light because fake honey contains moisture.